The Blue and Orange Alumni Scholarship, is established as a permanent endowment at Savannah State University. The Blue and Orange 5K scholarship was developed by SSU alumni Derrick Campbell, Wayne Govan, Kashandra Jackson and Chantrice Rogers for Savannah State University for students majoring in Mass Communications, Engineering or Biology.
- Awards shall be made in the name of the Blue and Orange Alumni Scholarship;
- Recipient(s) shall have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.50 for merit based, with requirement of 2.5 to renew on a 4.00 collegiate scale;
- Awards are renewable as long as the student(s) achieves a GPA of at least 2.50 in the award semester(s). Each scholarship awarded will be a minimum of $1,000 annually to be paid in two equal installments.
- Recipient(s) shall be intending on majoring in Journalism/Mass Communications, Engineering Technology or Biology. Students must exemplify community service and leadership during their high school matriculation.
- Savannah State University’s Scholarship Committee shall select the recipient, with preference given to an entering freshman. Candidate must have an overall grade point average of 2.5 and provide evidence of community service.
- In the event that the Scholarship Committee cannot find a student who meets the criteria set forth above, the Committee can choose any student from the state of Georgia who will be matriculating at Savannah State University.